We are excited to welcome guests to Sundale Cottage and hope that everyone visiting has a wonderful holiday making precious memories. Please take a look at all the serious stuff below before you make your booking…
How to book
Please contact us directly to talk through your booking requirements via the email address below. You can look up prices and availability elsewhere on this site.
The cottage is most suitable for up to four adults in two double bedrooms, and two children in the bunk room. Maximum occupancy is restricted to up to six adults plus one child in a cot. Be aware that the bunk room is really designed for children, although the mattresses are full sized singles so it is possible for adults to sleep on them in relative comfort.
We are able to provide a travel cot, high chair and safety gate for very young children. Please note however that the kitchen does not have safety cupboard or drawer locks and there is no guard around the wood burner so toddlers and young children should be closely supervised at all times.
We welcome up to two well behaved dogs at a charge of £20 per dog. We ask you to kindly prevent your dogs from going upstairs and to keep them off the furniture. Any damage or undue mess to the garden, carpets or furnishings will be charged and deducted from your security deposit.
Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the property.
Arrival and departure
Our changeover day is a Saturday and guests can access the cottage from 3pm onwards. Keys will be left for you in the key safe and the combination forwarded to you once your full booking fee has been received. At the end of your stay we ask you to vacate the cottage by 10am, leaving the keys in the key safe.
You can park up on the road on the opposite side, outside the cottage. If you prefer you can park in the village square about thirty metres away outside the Spar shop. There is also a free car park next to the church. Please note that the gated driveway next to the cottage belongs to our neighbours so unfortunately you cannot park there.
Terms and Conditions
When making a reservation you are agreeing to these terms and conditions as set out below, please take time to read them. For further clarification, please email me firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me on 07747 653988.
- All bookings are made on a “first come, first served” basis and dates cannot be reserved for more than 7 days without a deposit.
- For stays of one week (7 nights) or more made more than 4 weeks before arrival a deposit of 25% plus a returnable security / damage deposit of £150 is payable within 7 days of your reservation.
- The balance of the total cost is due no later than six weeks before arrival.
- For off peak mini-breaks of 3-6 nights and for short notice holidays (arriving within 4 weeks of booking) please pay the full amount at the time you reserve your dates plus a returnable damage deposit of £150. Please note that short breaks are not available at peak times (High summer, Easter, Christmas and half term holidays).
- Payment must be made by BACS transfer. Bank details and a payment schedule will be provided at the time of booking.
- Should you need to cancel please contact me immediately. Cancellations made 4 weeks or more before arrival – the 25% deposit will be retained unless those dates can be resold.
- Cancellations made within 4 weeks of your arrival – 50% of the total price will be refunded.
- Cancellations less than 7 days in advance – unfortunately there is no refund and we strongly recommend that you take out travel cancellation insurance.
- We will only cancel your booking if Sundale Cottage is not habitable due to circumstances beyond our control i.e. flood, fire etc. In this instance all monies paid by you would be refunded. Liability would not extend beyond this refund.
- Please take good care of Sundale Cottage, its furniture, fittings and effects and leave it in a clean and tidy order.
- In the unlikely event of accidental damage or breakages – these must be reported to me before the end of your stay. I have the right to make repairs and replace damaged property and incur extra cleaning charges at your expense which will be deducted from your security / damage deposit. Normal wear and tear and minor breakages will not be charged for.
- Security / damage deposits will be returned to you, minus any charges, within 48 hours of you vacating the cottage via BACS transfer.
- We shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to any belongings or injuries sustained by you or any member of your party.